Friday, June 04, 2010

Good Start "Raina" - You are on Track!!!

Suresh Raina is leading relatively a young & inexperienced side for Zimbabwe Tri-series. There is hardly any big-star in the team. As we have already witnessed, India lost twice very badly to Zimbabwe. Well, I feel it's a good start for Raina as a captain. On one occasion, he forgot to tell umpire that he was taking a power play & yet he made his field settings assuming he had taken the power-play. Well, yes it's a mistake, no doubt, but...does it really warrant so much of ridicule by media (when they call him "anari"). Well I don't think so. Come on guys, he is just 23, his 1st assignment as a captain. Who doesn't make mistakes? (even God, I mean Tendulkar, does). This doesn't mean that media should turn so reactive. From my point of view, I still feel that there is lot of learning for him. Thanks to the fact that he is starting his captaincy on a loosing mode. This essentially means, he is getting aware of "himself". And I feel that is more than enough to be successful in long run. I have been watching this guy along with Virat & Rohit. I realize this guy has got the humility to make it big in life(unlike Rohit & Virat). I bet, he will prove himself to be a successful captain in future. Watch out for this explosive batsman-cum-fielder!!!

No comments: