Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sustainability - The Way Forward

I am always curious about knowing weather of various places of my interest. And believe me, first thing that I search in a news paper is the weather section. I seriously don't know what makes me so curious about weather, but I have observed the no of incidents of weather storms, earthquakes, snow-melting, very high temperatures have increased over past few years. I often hear about "Sustainability", but never felt curious enough to understand it's meaning till recently. I happened to be a silent & curious listener to one of the speech given by Peter Graf, Chief Sustainability Officer, SAP. And what I gathered was profound. It's like doing few basic things to bring our world back to good old green days. After that speech, I also felt bad that my contribution to build a beautiful world is so less(almost none). I always feel excited to see the beautiful snow-picked mountains of Himalaya, but I never have thought about preserving their beauty. I love to stand under a tree in summer, but I never thought of ways to plant more trees to ensure a cooler summer in future. Going forward, I hope to see myself as a person who contributes for a better tomorrow!!!

No comments: