Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Building & Sustaining a Great Brand

Today I am going to write neither about a business person, nor about a good book. This blog is dedicated to my wife, Sweta, who exemplifies a great brand by herself. I have been looking for examples to write about a good & sustainable brand. I think she exemplifies very much what I have been searching for & I don't need to look further.

Without any doubt, I can say that she is 110% committed to her work. Then, I asked myself - lot of people are committed at their work,  then why only a handful are successful in their professional career? Is there something else? And the answer is - "How sensitive you are, to your customers? What is the depth to which you empathize with them?". In her case, she has been handling employee benefits for quite sometime & I always find her being concerned about their problems as if it's her own problem. She doesn't stop their, she takes that extra step (which goes beyond her responsibility) to ensure a happy employee at the end of the day. And believe me, it works & she is a classic example of that. All that is required is a great degree of patience, an eye for details & a strong sense of determination to make people happy around you.

Now let's talk about great & sustainable brand. Well, a great brand represents a product/service which is of very high quality, customers feel proud/delighted to be associated with it & the brand sustains its image throghout it's life. The last part is tricky, but that is the whole essence of a successful brand. As individuals, we all create a brand of ourselves. It's equally important to carry a great image all throughout life to achieve excellence. I am proud that Sweta has managed her brand image well thru her exceptionally good work & I expect her to work with same level of consistency for the rest of her life. Good luck to "Brand- Sweta" !!!

No comments: