Tuesday, April 13, 2010

IPL - I am tired of the overdose

60 matches in total, 14 matches (at least) per each side - isn't it a bit too much!!! Well I started watching the matches with a lot of excitement, but slowly over a period of time, I lost interest. In true sense it was a overdose of cricket. Now it makes me question the sustainability of this format of the game. Unless Lalit Modi moves beyond money & starts thinking about it as a sport, it will be difficult to attract the continuous attention of people. If the overdose continues this way, I am sure IPL5/IPL6 would not be attracting as many eye balls as it does today. Look around, talk to people, you will see this happening already.

With 10 teams from IPL4, it will be a good idea to have 2 groups (5 teams each), 2 teams from each qualifying for semifinals, then closing the end-to-end IPL within 20 days. I am sure that will bring more excitement & fun!!!

No comments: