Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sachin - 100 100s...No Big Deal

Do you know - How many times Sachin has scored 90+, but missed century? It's 18 in One Dayers & 7 in Test Matches. Well, currently his century count stands at 45 in One Dayers & 46 in Test Matches. Awesome cricketer, awesome figures!!! Hats off to Sachin. I wish him to score atleast 50 centuries in each version of the game. I know it's greed from my side, but I can't help it. He is a great cricketer & he deserves this.

My prediction is - Sachin will score 50 centuries in One Dayers & will retire immediately after 2011 world cup. At the same time, I feel, he will continue to play test cricket till 2013. And if that happens, I am sure he will score 55+ test centuries. I pity Ricky Ponting; so near, & yet so far :)

Interesting to figure out that - Ricky Ponting's presence will prolong Sachin's test career. And the best part is: he will be under pressure to perform every time for 2 key reasons. 1. Ricky is just there, it's a matter of time. 2. India doesn't get to play too many test matches. Recently you saw him scoring 2 centuries in as many matches against Bangladesh. The very next match, he scored yet another century against SA. I will not be very surprised if he does it again in the 2nd match against SA.

Keep watching Sachin, He is the Best!!!

No comments: