Thursday, January 06, 2011

Can India pull it up against SA?

It was an amazing Test Match for Kallis. He proved why he deserves as much respect as Sachin does. And I believe he is the best alrounder the world has seen so far.  4th day started with lots of hope for India when Harbhajan took wickets in quick intervals. And after that it felt like an ordinary attack from India. Boucher & Kallis together took it completely away from India. I felt quite disappointed. Having set a target of 340, I am sure SA is almost 99% sure that they won't loose.What could be the strategy from India perspective? Will they try to win today? If they play defensive, I am sure the game will wind up by tea time, India loosing. If at all there is any feeble chance of India winning, then it all depends on Sehwag. I think his sheer presence for 40-50 overs will make the opponent feel negative about their chances. I think Sehwag will be clearly asked by Dhoni to stick around for as much time possible. Gambhir - I feel he will find it difficult to stay on the wicket due to his injury. I also have a feeling, this will be the last chance for Dravid to make a come back. If he fails again, then it will be wise for him announce his retirement as soon as possible (so that he can at least get one more series to play as a parting gift :)). If Sehwag goes early, then Dravid, Sachin & Laxman needs to play for draw. Going by law of average, I am not sure if Laxman can make it big today.Hence Dravid & Sachin needs to play it out till the end.... Let's see...

Watch out for Paul Harris!!!

No comments: