Thursday, March 04, 2010

Sachin's dominance continues!!!

"Sachin Tendulkar" - It's a 2 letter word which is synonymous to "Celebration" in my life. I am quite thankful to God that, I get the opportunity to see him playing since he has joined Indian Cricket Team till date (a 20+ years of  continuous celebration). It's a privilege, that the new born babies will miss during their prime time. I am least hopeful that we are going to see another Sachin in next couple of decades or so.

24th February, 2010 will probably remain as one of the best days of my life. It's not something which you get to see very often. Thanks to cricketnirvana.com, I got to see a glimpse of his last shot which took him to 200. I felt quite ecstatic when Ravi Shastri said proudly "1st man in planet to reach 200 in the history of one-day cricket". For past 20 years, whenever Sachin comes to middle, I somehow forget other things in life & at least make an effort to know "how he fared in the game". So much so, during meetings/classes, I keep sending SMS hoping to see a * against his name. I know the end is nearing & nearing very fast. Irrespective of that, I am quite amazed by the determination of this genius. Who knows, that elusive Test - 300 may be somewhere round the corner!!!

No comments: