Saturday, April 07, 2007

Swimming, Tennis & Guitar - No matter how much I try...

I have been under coaching in Tennis over 1 year, I learnt swimming some time back and now I am learning Guitar. Well on face of it it looks kewl. I try to ensure that I continue each one of them on a weekly basis. I am an over enthusiastic person when it comes to outdoor activities. To some extent I do well in them as well. But, wait! I don't want to write a blog on what I do and what I don't. Rather I would like to tell something which I have learnt from each one of them.

Each of these requires concentration, mental strength and regular practice. But the right mix of these differs.

Tennis - "Mental Strength" is key here. Anytime I go for a service, I feel as if it won't go to other side (& it does). No matter how well your stamina is built, your mental strength could take you down to loose a game even against a rookie. Self Confidence and Regular Practice are inevitable to do well in Tennis.

Swimming - I am still wondering what my coach taught me. I am still an amateur. There is good amount of "tactics" involved in this game. On face of it it looks simple which actually is not. But once you get to know that tactics, you can swim for even 3km. No big deal. I am still fighting hard inside water.

Guitar - This is probably the toughest one for me. It's all about "concentration" and regular practice. I find it really tough to hold on to my concentration on the tune. But it's fun. Once you know it, nothing like it. You enjoy playing the tune again and again.

But at end of the day, I enjoy all of them.

No comments: