Wednesday, April 04, 2007

No Place for Complacency

I saw on news paper today that my favorite player is unable to accept the reality.

I wish I could have made him read my blogs which are mostly devoted to him. At least my name would have been there on news paper by now (Instead of Greg Chappel)……

The point is very simple: For 17 years, I have hardly seen instances where big guns in Cricket have really shown guts to criticize him. Even if he plays badly, they would say “that was just too good a ball to play”. How stupid is that. You are unnecessarily making a person too much complacent of himself and giving him room for failure in future. Now we see the consequences. A player with close to zero confidence and an attitude which is way beyond my comprehension.

My take away is:

“When you grow in a world of complacency with nobody around to criticize, you tend to become superficial. Better have friends around you who point at your mistakes and create room for you to grow.“

No comments: